Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Korčula

The next day I woke up a little shady and possibly a little still drunk. However, it wasnt a bad hangover.
As the morning wore on, the sea got choppier and it wasnt long til I was feeling sick. During the first course at lunch I was violently ill and had to retire to bed for a few hours. It did a world of good though and it was long before we got to Korčula.
For those who dont know, Korčula is the apparent birthplace of Marco Polo, but this has never been proved. However, this doesnt stop the island from naming every hotel, restaurant, bar and gift store after him!

We walked around the town and browsed the shops before finding a restaurant along the water to have dinner. I got a pizza with... wait for it.... sour cream on top!! WIN! (I love sour cream).
After dinner, we all went for sunset cocktails on the top of a turret! You had to climb a ladder one-by-one to get up and the drinks were made downstairs and then sent up via a pulley system! We only stayed for one drink though. Too many cocktails and backing down a ladder isnt really the best mix!

We headed back to the boat for a more tame happy hour as everyone was still pretty wrecked from our efforts in Dubrovnik.
Half of the boat still headed out. including the four of us girls since it was Tanya's birthday.
The bar had a pole which a few people tried their efforts on. After a cocktail or two, more people were more game to give it a go. I dodged the oppurtunity at the right time. I went to the ladies room and when I came out, I realised that the pole was filmed on CCTV and projected out onto the wall outside for everyone to have a laugh at!

The girls and I ended up staying at the bar until it closed, mingled with the locals and decided this was another place we'll have to come back and visit.









No comments:

Post a Comment