Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm feeling a tad nostalgic tonight...

... Even though I'm sitting here working out how much I should be able to save for my trip around Europe next year, I'm still caught up in missing home and looking at the photos of the weeks leading up to my departure and the headspace I was in at the time.

I tried to cram in as much as I possibly could with as many friends as I possibly could. I had something on every weekend. It was great, but it just made it that tiny bit harder to say goodbye to everyone.

About a week or two before I left, I had a pretty amazing day with some pretty amazing ladies.
Bel, Ali, Jacie and I packed a picnic on what turned out to be a gorgeous and warm Winter day and caught the ferry to Dangar Island. We didnt walk all that far until we found a nice grassy patch by the water. It was pretty much someone's yard but we sat there anyway and ate goodies from Harris Farm Market and listened to Phoenix. We ate until we were all sporting food babies and we drank sparkling wine out plastic cups.
My lovely wifey Bel took a photo of herself (below) for me so that when I missed her, I could look at that photo of her (and yes Bel, I do look at that photo when I miss you, along with many others :)).
The day was nothing less than perfect.









No comments:

Post a Comment